Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Alone



I captioned it 'Alone'.

Contrary to popular belief, being alone doesn't essentially means absence of physical company.
Over the years, I have been in relationships, been out of it, lived among friends, lived in seclusion, had a very social life and been a recluse too. With all the experience that I gathered from all the interactions, I have come to interpret the term alone in a much broader sense.
Being alone is not just an absence of physical company, it is a much more complex mental state. Many of us would have felt alone in a room full of people. I, for one, have.
Sometimes, being trapped in situations and relations also make us feel alone. This loneliness, the one that exists even with people around, is particularly more taxing and daunting than being alone in the traditional sense of the word.
I have experienced another form of loneliness. I really can't put my finger on it, but I believe it is intellectual loneliness, the feeling of being unable to find people who match our wavelength, 'Our kind of People'. I so want to surround myself with people who just get what I'm saying. The Magic that happens when we don't need to complete our sentences. The message gets conveyed before the words are spoken. Of all the times I have felt alone, this one has been the worst kind.

Feel free to pen your thoughts on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment