Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Let go

Let Go...

I loved her so much that I wanted her to be near me forever
Forever close to me
So I clutched on to her tight
I was afraid to let her go
I held on tighter
Love can make you go crazy
It can make you blind
Tighter I held her, paler she became
That fragile creature was suffocating
Silently crying for release
She was trapped in a cage of love
She began to wither
I became worried
And I held tighter
Till she could take it no more
Love must not enslave
Love is not addiction
It is a beautiful libration
From fear, doubt and desire
She is a bird of flight
Nothing is supposed to tie her down
She is flower that needs to bloom
Spread its petals and greet the wind
She needs gentle touch
Not clenched fists
I need to let her go
Open palm and open heart
She has to be free
For she may not be with me
But she has to be her
The very best of her

1 comment: